We’re now open and accepting new patients.
Booking your appointment
- Appointments can only be made by phone, email or text. Please do not stop by the office for any reason without an appointment as you can only come into the office for an appointment.
- We are unable to see any patients that are in quarantine for any reason. If you are experiencing any pain, swelling or have a concern during your quarantine please call the office and we will do our best to help you over the phone.
Arriving for appointment
- Please do not come early to your appointment, if you are early you may be asked to wait outside or in your car.
- When it is time for your appointment ensure you have a face mask on and proceed to the front doors. The doors will be locked, please stand and wait or knock gently on the window and the staff will be there shortly to help you.
- Once the staff confirm that you have an appointment you will be asked to step in the door, and answer your medical questions. Please note one parent or guardian is able to attend per small child. Siblings or other friends / family members will not be permitted. Everyone must bring their own mask (unfortunately we are not able to provide any).
- Once your medical questions have been successfully answered you will be asked to sanitize or wash your hands and be able to sit in the designated waiting room chair. Please avoid moving around the waiting room.
- If a parent is attending with a child they must go into the room with them, No guests are able to stay in the waiting room.
- When you get to the correct room you will be able to remove your mask for your procedure.
- When your appointment is completed you will be asked to put back on your mask, Staff will let you know when it is clear for you to go to the front desk or if you are not needed at the front desk then you will be able to go right to the exit. There may be a wait time to leave as we have to make sure all hallways and doorways are clear of other patients coming or going.
Thank you for your help and cooperation as we continue to work and maintain a healthy environment for everyone.
We take your health and the health of our staff members seriously. We have a number of systems in place throughout our practice to protect you and staff members. Here are a few of the precautions we take every day.
We will continue to pre-screen patients using the latest guidance to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus. The initial pre-screening will take place over the phone and you’ll be assessed again when you arrive at the office. We ask all patients who aren’t feeling well to reschedule.
We’ve arranged the schedule to reduce wait times. Please make every effort to arrive on time for your appointment. If you encounter another patient or staff member, please do your best to maintain two metres of space between you at all times.
We have individual operatories with doors that remain closed throughout the exam or procedures. This helps to reduce airborne pathogens from getting outside the operatory.
High touch surfaces throughout the office are wiped down regularly. Magazines and toys have been removed from the waiting room. Between patients, the consultation room is cleaned and disinfected, and surface barriers are replaced.
All tools are either disposable or thoroughly sterilized between patients. We’re proud to uphold rigorous sterilization procedures at our office.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
All our dental healthcare professionals wear personal protective equipment to protect themselves and patients.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.